Alan D. Wapner
Alan D. Wapner has been a member of the Ontario City Council for 30 years. Alan is probably most proud of his leadership in regaining local control of the Ontario International Airport, and as President of the Airport Authority, overseeing an unprecedented successful turn-around of business at the airport, and huge economic impact in the city and region.
Alan is recognized as an expert on transportation policy and represents Ontario on many regional boards:
• President of the Ontario International Airport Authority
• Past President of the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority
• Past President of the San Bernardino County Council of Governments
• Past President of the Southern California Association of Governments
• Past Chair of the Board of Directors of Omnitrans
• Board Member of Metrolink
• Board Member of the Metro Foothill Gold Line Extension Construction Authority
• Chair of the of the Airport Council International Commissioners Committee
• Member of the Airport Council International U.S. Policy Council
• Past Board Member of the League of California Cities
• Past Board Member of the National League of Cities
• Board Member of the California Association of Councils of Government
• Board Member of the National Association of Regional Councils
• Past Chair of the NLC Public Safety Policy Committee
• Past Chair of the League of California Cities Public Safety Committee
• Member of the USO Western Regional Advisory Board
• Past President of the Ontario Rotary Club
Prior to the City Council, Alan was Vice President of the Ontario-Montclair School Board. He is a retired police sergeant of the City of Ontario. Alan received his BA from the University of Southern California and his JD from the Whittier College School of Law.
Alan is married to Judi and has five children and six grandchildren.