Ontario International Airport (ONT) is pleased to offer its facilities to your production company. There are many usable sites at ONT available for filming 24 hours a day. A closed passenger terminal, a Boeing 727-200 airliner with full cabin interior and cockpit, unoccupied hangars and buildings, an ultra-modern passenger complex, aircraft parking areas, airline ticket counters, baggage claim areas, parking lots and curbside check-in await moviemakers.
Due to security restrictions, filming in active passenger Terminals 2 and 4 is limited to public areas only. No filming is allowed at or beyond the Transportation Security Administration screening checkpoint. ONT does not allow filming of elevators or escalators during normal operating hours. They are reserved for the exclusive use of the traveling public.
HOW TO FILM AT ONT
Contact ONT's Airfield Operations Section to conduct a preliminary location scout.
Phone: (909) 544-5431
Email: [email protected]
Before we prepare a preliminary cost analysis for your production, we need on production company letterhead your (non-binding) Letter of Intent to film at ONT which must include:
- Production date(s)
- Arrival and departure times
- Total numbers of cast and crew, with an estimated number of personal vehicles to be parked.
- Number and type of production vehicles (identify all vehicles weighing over 5 tons; i.e., genny, camera, electric, grip, catering, trailers, etc.).
- Style of production values (still, video, 35mm and if your program is: a commercial, TV series, feature motion picture, reality, or student project, etc.).
- Lighting and HVAC requests (adjustments, on/off, modifications) for film sound and light quality.
- Identification and use of props.
- Aircraft uses – bring your own, or use of the ONT Boeing 727-200 Airliner.
- Special effects (pyrotechnics require separate permits and a certified technician).
- Use of animals.
- Facility alteration requests and services. Note on trash removal: 3-yard bins on site must be acquired from the City of Ontario, Solid Waste/Refuse Service at (909) 395-2666.
- Stunt requests.
- Use of simulated firearms or other weapons (all must be inspected and kept under Airport Police control when not in use).
A tech scout must be conducted at least one week in advance of your filming date(s). For administrative reasons, tech scouts can only be held on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.