Mission Statement: The mission of Travelers Aid of the Inland Empire is 1) to provide information and referral services at Ontario International Airport and 2) to provide emergency transportation services to stranded travelers and victims of domestic violence.
|Administration Office||(909) 544-5378|
|Airport Information Terminal 2||(909) 544-5458|
|Airport Information Terminal 4||(909) 544-5459|
|Hours of Service at ONT||9AM to 9PM|
Millions of travelers pass through Ontario International Airport every year. Travelers Aid Volunteers are there to assist them with information to make their way through the airport as well as around the Inland Empire. These ambassadors are very often the first people visitors come into contact with reflecting our airport and community. They play a vital role in customer service at the airport providing a personal touch in the hustle and bustle of traveling.
Volunteers serve at the Welcome/Information Center located in both Terminals 2 & 4 providing directions, information and friendly assistance. Volunteers commit to work at least one four-hour shift each week at the airport.
- Greeting visitors who come to the desk
- Making announcements over the paging system
- Answering the telephone
- Recording and retrieving lost and found items
- Using the iPad & Computer for flight information
- Giving directions within the airport
- Providing information on transportation, hotels, dining, shopping, area events and points of interest.
As an Airport Volunteer you can enjoy:
- Serving the community and making new friends
- Sharing knowledge, wisdom and experience
- Develop new skills
- Be appreciated by all who work at the Airport
- Receiving the gratitude of the guests traveling through the Airport
“Our veteran Traveler’s Aid Volunteers often say that the pleasure and satisfaction of helping is the benefit they derive. Some enjoy meeting new people and working with other retirees. Others find that being at the airport on a regular basis and understanding more about how it operates is a fun and very interesting experience.”
Process: Application, Interview, Orientation, and Training is provided prior to being assigned to an available shift. Volunteers receive uniforms and free parking during their shift. There are two mandatory business meetings each year and four special events to honor the volunteers. Service awards are presented for volunteer hours completed.
Download an application below or call (909) 544-5378 to request one.
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Volunteer Application||340.54 KB|